The Old Dutch Parsonage, a Georgian style structure, was built in 1751 for the Reverend John Frelinghuysen with funds from three Dutch Reformed churches in the Raritan Valley. The Old Dutch Parsonage remained a pastor’s residence until 1810; it subsequently was owned by a prominent local physician. In 1907 the Central Railroad of New Jersey purchased the property to make improvements to its right-of-way, slating the house for demolition. Fortunately, the Parsonage was saved by interested persons who moved it to its present location in 1913. The State of New Jersey acquired the property in 1947, opening it to the public.
Old Dutch Parsonage
Subscribe now and receive the latest news, plus our coveted Weekend Top 10!