You may be interested in:
- Community Profile Somerset County, NJ; including major employers and data on high schools, housing, educational attainment and population.
- In Demand Occupations – Somerset County, NJ; a guide to understanding employment opportunities.
Welcome to our community. We strive to provide information you will find useful while recognizing that your needs are unique. Whether you are an employer seeking to engage your employees or an individual seeking to live and work in Somerset County, NJ we encourage you to contact us to discuss your particular needs.
Performing Arts Center In Your Backyard
The Theatre at Raritan Valley Community College, presents a wide range of cultural programming by professional touring companies of regional, national and international stature.
World Class Healthcare
Somerset County, NJ is served by three major hospital systems; Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital/RWJ Barnabas, Hunterdon Healthcare, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Atlantic Systems, as well as numerous other healthcare providers.
High Performing Schools
Five Somerset County high schools were ranked among the Top 500 high schools in the nation by Newsweek magazine: Ridge (71), Bernards (88), Bridgewater-Raritan (108), Watchung (131) and Hillsborough (217). The results of state testing, Advanced Placement tests and SAT and ACT exams all were factors, as were graduation rates, the ratio of counselors to students, the percentage of students participating in Advanced Placement courses and the percentage of students who enroll in college after graduation.
Active, Vibrant, Safe & Healthy
- The Somerset County Park Commission oversees 18 park facilities with active and passive recreation opportunities.
- Downtown Somerville was named one of the 2016 Great Places in New Jersey by the state chapter of the American Planning Association.
- The home-security industry experts at SafeWise named four Somerset County municipalities to its report on The 50 Safest Cities in New Jersey-2015; Bernards (4), Montgomery (7), Hillsborough (11) and Warren (18).
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute ranked Somerset County 3rd in New Jersey across a multitude of health factors.
- Three Somerset County municipalities – Montgomery (2), Branchburg (37) and Hillsborough (47) – made the Top 50 in the NJFamily.com listing of New Jersey’s Best Towns for Families.