Resources connected with Working in Somerset County, NJ
- In-demand Occupations Report for Somerset County, NJ
- Community Economic and Demographic Profile; including high growth occupations, employment clusters, and occupational data.
- Community Economic Profile Somerset County, NJ, including employment by industry and occupation, major employers, and workforce demographics.
- The Somerset County, NJ Business Resource Team is available to address the specific needs of your business and its employees.
Whether you are an employer, an employee, or an entrepreneur, Somerset County, NJ offers you the chance to connect with a growing, competitive economic setting, ideal for nurturing your successful career or company, all while achieving a prosperous and fun balance, highlighted by stellar academic education and workforce training, as well as active, healthy communities.
Prime Business and Employment Possibilities
A talented workforce, employed at enterprises ranging from start-up technology companies to global life sciences firms, Somerset County, NJ has over 17,000 business establishments, 330 of which employ 100 or more people. Our Business Resource Team serves the needs of employers and employees, delivering training, education, talent recruitment and talent attraction resources to ensure your competitiveness.
- Five Somerset County, NJ municipalities – Somerville, Warren, Bridgewater, Branchburg and Montgomery— are in the Top 50 in NerdWallet’s recent study on the best places to start a business in New Jersey.
- 75 percent of employment in Somerset County, NJ is in “white collar” jobs.
- The average commute time in Somerset County, NJ is between 10 and 34 minutes for 60 percent of the workforce.
Business Resources to Meet Your Needs
Our Business Resource Team is focused on serving the needs of employers and employees alike. Whether you have a need to access work related employment and training incentives and services, or if you are seeking to attract and retain talent, our Team members can help. Our extensive network of professionals can develop and implement customized training programs, conduct recruitment fairs, help access graduates form our institutions of higher education, and deliver business incentives connected to private sector economic investment and job growth.