Griggstown School House1065 Canal Road
Griggstown, NJ 08540
The Griggstown School House was constructed circa 1830 in the Gothic Revival style. This one-room schoolhouse has board and batten siding with pedimented window heads and Greek Revival moldings. It was originally located along Canal Road; it was moved to a site behind the Griggstown Reformed Church in 1854 and moved again in 1960 when the Church built a new Hall. It closed as a school in 1932. The building has recently been restored by the Griggstown Historical Society. Tours by appointment.