Somerset County offers the ability not only to experience some of the most pristine greens around, but also to hone your skills with state-of-the-art technology, all while learning the history and physics of the game at the nation’s oldest sports museum!
Distinguished greens and golf history awaits with this Somerset County golf itinerary.
*Please note the following COVID-19 related updates prior to planning your golf getaway:
- On June 13, 2020 Somerset County Park Commission released an update regarding relaxing golf restrictions on
- The Somerset County Park Commission reopened its golf courses as of 7:00 am on Saturday, May 2, 2020. These include:
- Green Knoll Golf Course (Bridgewater, NJ) is an 18 hole public golf course known for its tight fairways and rolling contours.
- Neshanic Valley Golf Course (Branchburg, NJ) 27-hole championship course that covers 350 acres of rolling farmland.
- Quail Brook Golf Course (Somerset, NJ) is an 18 hole, 6,617 yard course is heavily wooded, and known for its rolling front nine and tight, hilly back nine.
- Spooky Brook Golf Course (Somerset, NJ) is situated in Colonial Park. It is an 18 hole championship course which offers a wide open layout with spacious fairways and greens.
- Warrenbrook Golf Course (Warren, NJ) is a heavily wooded and extremely tight, 6,372 yard, 18 hole course that is open to the public. The contours provide plenty of uphill and downhill lies.
What you’ll do on a Somerset County golf itinerary-
- Visit the Neshanic Valley Learning Center or Callaway Golf Performance Center to perfect your game before hitting the links
- Tee off on one of our pristine public or private courses
- Explore the USGA Golf Museum – temporarily closed due to COVID-19 – but please explore their art exhibit online as well as their Hall of Champions
- Enjoy unique local dining and accommodations
Improve your swing.
Prepare for the perfect weekend of golf with a trip to the Learning Center and Callaway Golf Performance Center at Neshanic Valley Golf Club. Currently, to comply with COVID-19 restrictions, these fittings are completed on the driving range.
- Callaway Golf Performance Center
Learn the optimum club specifications for your individual golf swing and purchase a custom set of clubs.
- Learning Center
The Center features a double-ended driving range with grass and mat hitting areas, a 16,000 square foot putting green, a practice facility and two practice holes. Take a private lesson and apply your newfound knowledge on the challenging par 32 nine-hole Academy Course at Neshanic Valley or on any of Somerset County’s other stunning courses.
Choose your course(s).
The Park Commission has set forth practices and procedures to be followed by staff members and golfers to ensure the safety of everyone. County golf courses will be open to a variety of requirements, restrictions and important changes to limit the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The safety and well-being of its staff and golfers is the Park Commission’s number one priority.
All tee times must be booked and paid in advance (no walk-ins permitted). This will allow for golfers to check-in with the course starter and tee off while social distancing from others. Tee off times will be booked 16 minutes apart.
- Fox Hollow Golf Club
- Green Knoll Golf Course
- Neshanic Valley Golf Course
- Quail Brook Golf Course
- Royce Brook Golf Club (Public and Private Courses)
- Spooky Brook Golf Course
- Warrenbrook Golf Course
(Call ahead to clarify admittance policies.)
- Cherry Valley Country Club
- New Jersey National Golf Club
- Raritan Valley Country Club
- Trump National Golf Club
Experience golf history.
Make a visit to the nation’s oldest museum of sport – the USGA Golf Museum. Home to the world’s premier collection of golf artifacts and memorabilia, the greatest champions and greatest moments in American golf history come alive here through exhibits that feature numerous multi-media and interactive displays.
Relax in unique accommodations.
From luxurious country inns to contemporary hotels, Somerset County is ready to welcome you back to safe and comfortable accommodations to suit every travel style and budget. Explore reopened hotels.
Refer to our Destination Guide to help create a stay in Somerset County that is perfectly tailored to you.