Mount Bethel Baptist Meeting House235 Mountainview Road
Warren, NJ 07059
This meeting house was constructed in 1786 by the county’s first Baptist congregation, in part with materials salvaged from an earlier structure. It is one of the few 18th century timber-frame meeting houses in New Jersey that retains much of its original character. The meeting house is a representative example of the simple church structures erected throughout the United States in the 18th century, reflecting the austerity practiced by the congregation at that time. It is maintained by the Warren Township Historic Sites Committee and is open by appointment only.