Manville, NJ 08835
The Bridge Street Bridge was constructed in 1918 by the Phoenix Bridge Company as part of the Reading Railroad grade crossing elimination project. It is a 121 foot long, single-span, eight-panel Warren thru-truss, supported on scored concrete abutments. This is the only surviving truss bridge of its type in Somerset County. The bridge was recently restored and rehabilitated by the New Jersey Department of Transportation. The Borough of Manville has now assumed responsibility for maintenance of the Bridge.