American Redoubt1824 Bolmer Farm Road
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
An outstanding and rare example of an American field fortification, the American Redoubt is typical of the earthworks that were erected by both sides in the area during the war. It is one of the few remaining intact and unaltered Revolutionary War redoubts left in the United States. This particular earthwork was constructed in June 1777 to protect the right flank of the Continental Army Camp at Middlebrook, and was also used during the Middlebrook Cantonment of 1778-1779. The site is marked and open to the public courtesy of the Spring Run development.