Ready to officially kick off summer with some familiar, fun and exciting camp experiences for your child? Several organizations throughout Somerset County have stepped up to the challenge, modifying things just enough keep kids safe and comfortable while maintaining that great camp feeling! Space is limited due to COVID accommodations, so don’t delay in registering your child for summer fun!
APEX Sports Complex
– Offering weekly camps focused on rugby, cricket, baseball/softball, lacrosse, soccer and hockey. Field day Fridays are select drop-off Fridays featuring all of your backyard favorites including relays, games, races, tug-of-war, and more. Olympics Camp will round out the camp season. Camps run July 20 – August 21 for ages 6-14. Learn more
Branchburg Sports Complex – BSC’s popular KidVenture and Sports Camps return for 9 weeks (July 6-September 4) of themed and sports fun! Campers will meet new friends, participate in creative activities, learn teamwork and have an unforgettable summer. Full and half-day weekly options as well as daily drop-in rates make BSC a flexible spot for kids and parents all summer long. Don’t miss BSC’s new “Create Your Own Camp” option, which allows children to spend time with select friends or family members for an added level of safety and caution. Learn more.
The Center for Contemporary Art – Weekly Virtual Art Camp for kids and teens, as well as youth with ASD and other special needs ages 5-15 will take place via Zoom. They are designed to stimulate create expression through themed projects and activities. All art supplies provided! June 22-August 28. Learn more.
Fairview Farm Wildlife Preserve
– Fairview’s summer nature camp for kids provides access to the great outdoors and environmental education in a relaxed setting. All camps are currently full but you can be added to a waitlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more
Greater Somerset County YMCA
– With endless options for kids in grades K-10 and from July 6 to August 28, 2020, there’s something for every child at Y Summer Camps! Camp directors have been hard at work reimagining the summer camp program to create a safe, fun, and memorable summer for campers—whether they choose to join us in-person or virtually. Learn more
– NJ Audubon will provide four weeks of virtual, themed camps for ages 5-12 called “Bridges to the Natural World”. Focused on exploring your neighborhood and taking your children on a Nature Quest around New Jersey, this camp can be completed at your own pace. Learn more
Norz Hill Farm
– Norz Hill’s Little Farmers Workshops allow kids ages 7-12 to experience a week (or three) of hands-on learning with the land. Kids will understand where their food comes from, participate in farm chores and learn animal behavior. Hayrides, games, crafts and water activities are part of each day down on the farm! July 13-Aug 7. Learn more
Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC
– In just 8 short weeks, JCC Camp Ruach campers learn teamwork, gain new skills, increase confidence and self- esteem, explore, create friendships, develop social skills, and become part of a community. With numerous specialty camps from arts and broadway to STEM, water sports to cooking. July 6-August 21. Ages 2-Grade 9. Learn more
Somerset County Park Commission Environmental Education Center
– The EEC’s popular camps have been transitioned to Virtual Environmental Summer Camps for 2020, with sessions running from July 14-August 13! Eco-Explorers ages 4-10 will explore nature and science while fostering creative expression and imagination. AWESIM Kids (Animals, Wetlands, Environmental Science and Incredible Minds) ages 10-15 will focus on environmental learning and peer leadership. Registration opens June 23 and is just $15 per household! Learn more
Somerset Patriots –
Youth Baseball Camps will give kids ages 8-16 have the opportunity to receive instruction in a variety of skills such as proper throwing, catching, fielding, base running, and batting from Somerset Patriots Manager Brett Jodie, Pitching Coach Jon Hunton, Pitcher Nate Roe and others! Camps run on select dates July 27-August 4 and vary by age group. Morning sessions include drills/skills instruction, followed by afternoon sessions focused on putting skills to use in game situations and fun competitions. Learn more
– Offering a virtual Apprentice Program and Teen Workshops with Broadway Masterclass Series June 22-25, as well as Three-Week sessions June 29 – July 17. Session 1 of the Summer Theatre Arts Program will be virtual, with hopes of returning to Villagers Theatre for Session 2 in-person. Learn more