- This event has passed.
January 1 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
A museum of Watchung history, facts and artifacts. Investigate the 5 rooms independently or ask our guides for wonderful tales of the past tales from Watchungs (nearly) 100 year history!
The Texier House Museum is open the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month from 2pm to 4pm
Located in the center of the Watchung circle with plenty of convenient parking. Admission is FREE. Donations are always greatly appreciated!
* World War I & II items- Operate a preserved hand cranked siren that was meant to warn the residents of Watchung if any Nazi boats had stormed New Jersey shores.
* A display on Adella (Tibby) Wotherspoon, the youngest survivor of the General Slocum Disaster of 1904 where 1,021 of the 1,331 passengers died in NY City’s East River.
* A copy of the original hand-written diary of Captain William Parlin, who led the first black battalion of soldiers during the Civil War.
* Sports Memorabilia from New York Giants legend Bobby Thomson
* Artifacts and photos from the Legend of Watchung Pageant
* Restored Stained Glass Skylight, artifacts and photos of the Moldenke Castle
and much much more!