Here is Somerset County, Earth Week holds a special place in our heart. We’re host to many events happening in and around Earth Day – April 22 – that bring awareness to the protection of our planet.
Whether you visit one of our world-renowned environmental centers, participate in a clean-up, or attend an educational seminar, you’re sure to better appreciate our environment during this special week.
- Raritan Headwaters Earth Week Celebrations – April 12 – 28
- 28th Annual Stream Clean up at multiple locations throughout Somerset County – April 14
- Vegetable Gardening at Jointure Create Campus in Branchburg – April 14
- Magic Tree House at RVCC Planetarium – April 14
- Spring Wildflowers and the Critters that Love Them at Sourlands Mountain Preserve – April 14
- Raritan Valley Community College Earth Week: April 16 to April 23 To read more, click here.
- Kids Earth Day Celebration – Organic Vegetable Gardening at Whole Foods – April 18
- Plant Identification Hike on April 21
- Edible Wild Plants at Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary (NJ Audubon Headquarters) – April 21
- Earth Day with Rainforest Canopy at the Children’s Museum of Somerset County – April 21
- Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth Storytime at Barnes & Noble – April 21
- Plant Identification Hike at the Sourlands Mountain Preserve – April 21
- Spring Plant Sale & Earth Day Celebration at Leonard J. Buck Garden – April 21 & April 22
- Earth Day Celebration at Suydam Farms – April 22
- Broken Clay Pot Fairy Houses at Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary (NJ Audubon Headquarters) on April 28
- Nature Hike of Cedar Ridge – April 28
- Watchung – Warren Green Fair at Bayberry School on April 28.
- Project E.A.R.T.H – Swamp Search! at the Somerset County Environmental Education Center – April 29
- Ongoing programming at Duke Farms
And don’t miss the return of the Bridgewater’s Eco-Blast Fair on May 5 at Kid Street Park.
Get out there and get involved in our planet’s protection. Let’s do our part!