When it comes to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our goal is to provide our Tourism Partners with the most up-to-date and thorough information as we can. We know information during this time can be confusing. This is why we’re providing you the following links to official resources as they relate to our industry.
News & Updates:
June 11, 2020
Assm No. 4131: DOH Sanitization Guidelines for Hotels
June 9, 2020
NJ COVID-19 Youth Summer Camp Standards
June 4, 2020
Protocols for New Jersey Outdoor Dining Released
May 15, 2020
CDC Issues Guidelines for Reopening
CDC Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Plan for Opening America Up Again
May 4, 2020
U.S. Travel Industry Releases Guidance for “Travel in the New Normal”
Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
April 30, 2020
PR CHECKLIST NJTT
(from NJ Div. of Travel and Tourism PR Agency of Record, Lou Hammond Group)
April 6, 2020
For Hotels and Wraparound Services:
Establishment of Temporary Quarantine-Isolation Non-Congregate
March 30, 2020
State Releases Emergency Assistance Eligibility Wizard
March 24, 2020
The State of New Jersey has released its COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal.
March 22, 2020
Somerset County has notified the public that supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are low due to the current public health crisis. As a result, Somerset County’s Office of Emergency Management is asking ‘nonessential’ businesses to donate their PPE supplies for the benefit of RWJ University Hospital Somerset and local first responders.
March 19, 2020
All 21 counties in NJ have been approved for US Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (Disaster # NJ-00057). For information on how to apply for these loans, please access the Small Business Administration’s website here.
March 18, 2020
Action Alert from U.S. Travel: Tell Your Members of Congress How COVID-19 is Affecting Your Business
March 17, 2020
Report: Coronavirus Having Catastophic Impact on Travel Businesses and Workers (U.S. Travel Association)
- The NJ Restaurant & Hospitality Association’s Coronavirus Resources page includes the organization’s proposed reopening plan for hotels and restaurants.
- The Somerset County Department of Health is the lead county agency to coordinate public health disease response, in partnership with the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local hospitals, medical providers, and emergency medical services. Information and resources regarding the new coronavirus can be found here.
- Somerset County Tourism and the Somerset County Business Partnership launched the Somerset County Take Out and Delivery Options Facebook page to support and communicate local restaurant options during the crisis.
- The Centers for Disease Control offers a situation summary, information on signs, symptoms, and what to do if you are, or believe you are sick with COVID-19. Please check their site for further information and what to be aware of.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) website features additional travel advice, research and development, media resources and more.
- The U.S. Travel Association has developed a comprehensive toolkit, including a guide to communication healthy travel practices, media talking points and current facts.
- The American Hotel & Lodging Association has a new webpage housing collateral materials to support the industry’s collective advocacy efforts.
- The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has a series of webinars available, as well as summarized precautionary advice on what businesses and professionals can do to lessen the spread of COVID-19.
- Meetings Mean Business (MMB) offers a variety of resources, including talking points and social media template materials.
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has released a toolkit for industry professionals.
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) has released an official statement regarding hosting events and exhibitions.
Director and Health Officer/Epidemiologist of Somerset County Department of Health, Dr. Namitha Reddy addresses the FAQs of COVID-19:
We will continue to update these links and resources as they are made available to us.
Should you have additional questions for us regarding travel and hospitality in Somerset County, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.