- There is no fee to enter this raffle though a purchase must be made at a Somerset County, NJ business.
- Contest Dates: The contest will begin at 12:00 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, November 25, 2023 and end at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, November 25, 2023. (“Promotion Period”).
- Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and reside in the State of New Jersey as of date of entry. Employees of Somerset County Tourism, its parent company, Somerset County Business Partnership, and any affiliate of either, and members of the immediate family of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. For purposes of the Promotion, the term “immediate family” includes a person’s spouse, parents and grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother-in-law and father-in-law, brothers in law and sisters in law, daughters in law and sons in law, and those persons living in the same household of such persons. Adopted, half, and step members are also included in immediate family.
- How to enter: During the Promotion Period, participants must complete and submit all answers to the clues found on the Somerset County Tourism website. The answers may be submitted via form through a Survey Legend link, which can be found here: https://visitsomersetnj.org/shop-small/.
- Limit and entry frequency: Participants may submit any number of times during the Promotional Period. Illegible entries are void. Proof of purchase must be made in Somerset County, NJ. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Winner Selection & Notification: (a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, one (1) winner will be chosen. Prize winner will be notified no later than thirty (30) business days following the conclusion of the Promotion. The winners will be notified by telephone or email. If the Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s first attempted contact within forty-eight (48) hours, he or she will be disqualified. In the event that the Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternative winner as determined by a random draw from the remaining eligible entries and such person shall be deemed the Winner. (b) The decisions of the Administrator and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Except where prohibited, the potential winners (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) may be required to sign and return a release form, which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days after the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the release form or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor or Administrator will award the prize(s) based on the next individual with the most points. Prizes shall be fulfilled within approximately four (4) weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion. (c) The Winner may be asked to provide confirmation as to identity. Further, the Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Publicity Release (where legally permissible), and/or provide other personal or tax information. If requested by the Sponsor, the Winner will have seven (7) business days to provide all such information and to execute such documents. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements may cause the Winner to forfeit the Prize and, in such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of the Winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
- Prize: One (1) $25 gift card to Bellemara Distillery, one (1) $50 gift card to Verve Restaurant, a one-year membership to The Center for Contemporary Art, four (4) tickets to an upcoming show at the RVCC Planetarium, two (2) tickets to an upcoming show at The State Theatre of New Jersey, one (1) $25 gift card to Flounder Brewing, and one (1) $25 gift card to Burnt Mills Cider. The Prize includes only what is specified in the aforementioned description. The Prize is awarded “AS IS.” The Winner will be mailed the Prize from Somerset County Tourism during normal business hours within thirty (30) business days of being notified by Sponsor that the Prize is available. Somerset County Tourism is responsible for shipping and handling of the item.
- Odds: A total of one Prize will be awarded pursuant to this Promotion. Odds of winning the Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period.
- Taxes and Cost: Federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize, if any, and all other associated costs or expense are the sole responsibility of the Winner. An IRS Form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by Somerset County Business Partnership if required by law.
- Release & Indemnification: BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND SAVE, DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANY, THEIR DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, COMPANIES UNDER COMMON CONTROL WITH ANY OF THE FOREGOING, AFFILIATES AND ASSIGNS, AND ITS AND THEIR PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, 3 SHAREHOLDERS, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS AND SUCCESSORS IN INTEREST, AND ALL PERSONS ACTING BY, THROUGH, UNDER OR IN CONCERT WITH THEM (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM, AND SHALL PAY, ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DEFICIENCIES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, SUITS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, ASSESSMENTS, FINES, TAXES, FORFEITURES, PENALTIES, LOSSES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES), WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, CONTINGENT OR VESTED, MATURED OR UNMATURED, AND WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM DIRECT OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, WHICH DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM, RELATE TO, ARISE OUT OF, ARE IN CONNECTION WITH, OR ARE ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE; AND/OR (B) PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY (WHICH SHALL EXPRESSLY INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY MISREPRESENTATION MADE BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, ANY NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THESES OFFICIAL RULES, ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE PROMOTION). THE FOREGOING INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR DEATH ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION.
- General Conditions: • By entering the Promotion, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects; (b) that your submission cannot be used by you (or third parties) for any commercial purpose other than to enter this Promotion; and (c) to be contacted by Sponsor via telephone or email.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: (i) disqualify from this Promotion any participant it finds, in its sole discretion, has violated these Official Rules, entered or attempted to enter the Promotion more than the permitted number of times, or tampered with the submission process, the operation of the Promotion, or any other aspect of this Promotion; and (ii) modify, cancel, or suspend part or all of this Promotion in the event that human or technical errors, printing errors, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failure, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. In the event the Promotion is cancelled, suspended, or discontinued for any reason, Sponsor may award the Prize based on Promotion information collected up to the time of the Promotion’s cancellation or suspension.
- The Sponsor shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award the Prize, with regard to: (i) submissions that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate these Official Rules; (ii) submissions, votes, or prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, unintelligible, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, garbled, incomplete, illegible, or are otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human, or technical error of any kind; (iii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, an entry, or any incorrect or inaccurate transcription of submission information; (iv) participants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Promotion or in claiming the Prize; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of the Sponsor; (vi) any inability of the Winner to accept the Prize for any reason; or (vii) the inability to award all or any part of the Prize due to errors, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
- By entering this Promotion, you release the Released Parties from any and all liability for any accident, loss, tax liability, injury, death or damage of any kind, arising from your participation in this Promotion or in any Promotion related activity, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize, or while traveling to and/or from a location as part of or to obtain or use the Prize.
- You acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made (and are not now making) nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to or relating to the Prize, including, but not limited to, any express warranties provided by the manufacturer or its affiliates, the warranty of merchantability, and/or the warranty of fitness for a particular purposes.
- Governing Law: These Official Rules shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to its conflict of law principles, and all claims arising out of or 4 relating to, in any way, these Official Rules, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall also be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
- Venue: By entering the Promotion, you agree that any legal action or proceeding relating to this Promotion shall be brought in a state court of general jurisdiction, or a federal court, located in Somerset County (or, if federal court, the ), State of New Jersey and that you consent to the jurisdiction of any such court in any such action or proceeding, and waive any objection to venue based on forum non conveniens or any other basis for objecting to venue in such court.
- Jury Waiver: BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU HEREBY VOLUNTARILY, KNOWINGLY, IRREVOCABLY, AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE A JURY PARTICIPATE IN RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE (WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
- Damages: Any and all claims, judgments and/or awards in connection with the Promotion shall be limited to actual damages incurred in connection with such Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual damages, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Entire Agreement: These Official Rules constitutes the entire agreement between participant and Sponsor and there are no representations, oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof which have not been incorporated herein.
- No Waiver: No failure on the part of Sponsor at any time to require performance by a participant of any term hereof shall be taken or held to be a waiver of such term or in any way affect Sponsor’s right to enforce such term, and no waiver on the part of Sponsor of any term hereof shall be taken or held to be a waiver of any other term hereof or the breach thereof.
- Severability: Any provision of these Official Rules which is prohibited or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
- Winner List: For the name of the Winner of the Promotion, please email email@example.com within thirty (30) calendar days following the conclusion of the Promotion
Subscribe now and receive the latest news, plus our coveted Weekend Top 10!