Raritan, NJ 08869
This High Victorian Gothic-style firehouse was completed in 1894. Its most distinctive features include a three-story hose tower, delicate stained-glass windows, Art Nouveau signage and sandstone trim. The building demonstrates the high level of craftsmanship that could be achieved by local architects and builders in Somerset County during the late 19th century. The structure is owned by the Borough of Raritan and is currently undergoing restoration.